STUDENTS AND INTERNSHIPS
Beautiful minds inspire others
INTRODUCTION TO THE PROGRAM
Every year, we search for the best and brightest students from across the country to join our team of talented professionals. Here, they get the resources, knowledge and training necessary to jump-start their promising professional careers.
Whether they’re newly graduated or continuing their education, we provide students unique internship and professional opportunities that expose them to real-life business experiences, a wide-array of skills and a diverse work environment. That way, as they enter the working world, they’ll do so with valuable experience to look back on.
Tastebuds Food Service delivers authentic, memorable experiences at camps across the United States. In partnership with our camp families, we strive to enhance the camper experience by offering industry-leading Food Service, culinary training and interpretive programs to help you build a foundation for your future. The purpose of the TBFS Culinary intern program is to provide interns with experiential education in the areas of food preparation and sanitation, and increase their proficiency in basic kitchen techniques such as, knife skills, organization, planning, food storage techniques, and quantity cooking.
This position may run in length up to 3 months.
• Follow the guidelines assigned by TBFS for the position
• Follows recipes and cooking procedures as directed by TBFS management
• Learning different cooking stations and learning proper method of production using these devices
• Assisting with prep for production
• Basic knife skills
• Timing skills
• Follows proper serving methods, expediting and execution of meal service
• Sees that menu board is completed and proper terms are used for all food items
• Break-down and cleaning of various stations
• Assist in preparing employee meals
• Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security and emergencies
• Report to work on time and in complete uniform
• Other duties as assigned
Status, Scope and Objectives:
• Reports directly to TBFS management
• Performance will be evaluated at the end of the program
• Receive a detailed overview of the food preparation standards of the company and learn how to prepare food successfully and efficiently
• Introduction to camp Food Service and quantity cooking, including logistics, meal service, food preparation and the importance of timing within the culinary industry
• Producing meals, specialty diets, and desserts successfully and efficiently
• Keeping the work station clean and organized during food production
• Working as part of a team
• Must complete Serve Safe Food Handlers certification or equivalent in the state of Internship
• Must be fluent in the English language both spoken and written – able to read & interpret documents such as safety rules, TBFS food safety manuals, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
• Must have at least 1 year of experience in working in a high volume kitchen or equivalent schooling
• Must have an some knowledge of cooking methods, cooking line, banquets, catering and pastry
• Ability to work with management in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer services is essential to success in this role
Oven, Mixer, Grill, Steamer, Food Processor, Calculator, Dishwasher, Cutlery, Telephone, Chef Knives
Nationwide (Inside the USA)
Travel, Food, Housing
MEDIUM - Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Bending, Keying, Hearing, Reaching, Seeing, Speaking, Standing, Walking and Lifting.